About the Program
Global enforcement authorities increasingly investigate and prosecute fraud and corruption. Corporations must develop comprehensive compliance and ethics programs to ensure they satisfy obligations under national and foreign laws and minimize their risk of liability.
Earn Temple Law’s Certificate in International Business and Compliance to develop and expand your knowledge and skill to advance in compliance roles or break into this rapidly growing job market. With coursework grounded in international compliance and specialty regulatory areas, students will acquire both a strong substantive background and greater edge in the workplace.
As part of Temple Law’s Center for Compliance and Ethics, this certificate program is for international law students and foreign-trained lawyers who wish to acquire this valuable credential as a compliance specialist.
- Must be a graduate of or current student at a law school outside of the United States.
- Must demonstrate English proficiency in accordance with minimum test scores posted for the LL.M. for Foreign-Trained Lawyers Program.
|English Proficiency Exam||Minimum Accepted Score|
|IELTS||6.5 with no individual score below 6.0|
|Duolingo English Test (DET)||115|
This certificate may be earned in one semester on a full-time basis.
To earn this certificate, students must earn 12 credits as follows:
Mandatory (7 credits)
- Introduction to US Law (3 credits)
- Introduction to Compliance and Ethics (2 credits)
- International Compliance (2 credits)
Electives (5 credits)
- Administrative Law
- Cyberprivacy Law
- Drug and Medical Device Law
- Global Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Health Care Fraud: Investigation, Prosecution and Compliance
- Informational Privacy Law and Compliance
- International Commercial Transactions
- Business Merger and Acquisitions
- International Law
- International Organizations
Tuition is the same as that of one semester of the LL.M. for Foreign-Trained Lawyers program. The certificate may be earned simultaneously with the LL.M. if all graduation requirements for the certificate and the LL.M. degree are met independently.
For more information, please contact:
Practice Professor of Law
Director, Center for Compliance and Ethics
firstname.lastname@example.org | (215) 204-7149
Students who wish to study compliance who are not law students or lawyers in their home countries may wish to consider Temple Fox School of Business’s M.S. in Corporate Compliance and Ethics.