What is Guided Research?
Guided Research offers students an opportunity to:
- Develop research, writing, and analytical abilities.
- Work with a faculty member in an area of the student’s interest and the faculty member’s expertise.
For additional information and registration requirements, see the Guided Research Approval Form.
To register for Guided Research:
- Contact the full-time faculty member who will supervise your work to discuss the project.
- Once you and the supervising faculty member have reached an agreement regarding your Guided Research, complete the appropriate Authorization Form and have the supervising faculty member sign it. These forms contain further information regarding the standards for Guided Research.
- Return the completed form to the Office of Academic Records in Barrack 103 and an administrator will register you for the Guided Research. This form must be submitted by the end of the Add/Drop period in the semester in which you propose to undertake the work.
- If you are seeking to use a Guided Research paper to fulfill the Bias in the Law requirement, you must obtain separate approval from the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Please fill out the Guided Research: Bias Approval form here.