The Center for Compliance and Ethics launched the Summer Compliance and Ethics Fellows Program in 2017. Current law students interested in compliance and ethics can apply for paid summer positions in organizations or departments that focus on existing or emerging compliance and ethics issues.
Building upon Temple’s reputation for and legacy of “hands-on,” applicable learning, the Summer Compliance and Ethics Fellows Program exposes students to the compliance and ethics profession, an accelerated learning environment, and thought leaders in various sectors and industries.
The Summer Compliance and Ethics Fellows Program helps students better understand and respond to the legal, regulatory, and ethical issues facing today’s compliance and ethics professionals, which is one of the fastest-growing markets for lawyers. During a fellowship, a first- or second-year law student participates in multidisciplinary teams and gains experience that stimulates professional development to prepare the individual for a career in compliance and ethics. The Summer Compliance and Ethics Fellows Program provide an 8–10 weeks paid summer fellowship in compliance and ethics practice. It is a competitive program with finalists selected by the Center for Compliance and Ethics and the Office of Career Services.
Participating organizations since 2017 include:
- Chubb: Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Summer fellowship is located in Whitehouse Station, NJ. https://www2.chubb.com/us-en/
- Ernst & Young: Ernst & Young is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London. EY is one of the world’s largest professional services firms and one of the “Big Four” accounting firms. Summer fellowship is located in Philadelphia, PA. http://www.ey.com/
- Moody’s: Moody’s is in the bond credit rating business and provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities. Moody’s is considered one of the Big Three credit rating agencies. Summer fellowship is located in New York, NY. https://www.moodys.com/
- Novo Nordisk: Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with over 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. Summer fellowship is located in Princeton, NJ. http://www.novonordisk-us.com/
- Novocure is a medical device company developing a novel, proprietary therapy called Tumor Treating Fields, or TTFields, for treating solid tumor cancers. Summer fellowship is located in Malvern, PA https://www.novocure.com/
- Olympus: Olympus is a precision technology leader creating innovative opto-digital solutions in the health care, life sciences, and consumer products industries. Summer fellowship is located in Center Valley, PA. http://www.olympusamerica.com/index.asp
- Sun Pharmaceuticals: Sun is a pharmaceutical company with headquarters located in India. Summer fellowship is located in Princeton, NJ. http://www.sunpharma.com/usa
- Tabula Rasa HealthCare: Tabula Rasa Healthcare is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Summer fellowship is located in Moorestown, NJ. http://www.tabularasahealthcare.com
- TrustArc: TrustArc is a privacy compliance and risk management company. Summer fellowship is located in San Francisco, CA. https://www.trustarc.com/