Training Advocates Conference 2023: Reunited and Reinvigorated
Friday August 18, and Saturday August 19, 2023
Temple University Center City Campus
1515 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Registration Link Below
About the Event
Temple University Beasley School of Law is proud to host the annual Training Advocates Conference (TAC) at Temple University Center City Campus on August 18th and 19th, 2023. TAC convenes coaches, faculty, program directors, and competition directors in all fields of advocacy to learn the best practices for teaching competition students.
Current topics include: (full agenda coming soon):
- Uniting all advocacy competition fields;
- Empowering each student to be their authentic self;
- Addressing the competition judge who just doesn’t get it;
- Student-centered approaches to coaching styles;
- Onboarding new students for competition success; and
- Building the strongest competition teams.
Additionally, TAC offers breakout sessions specifically geared towards all facets of student competitions including mock trial, dispute resolution, and moot court.
This two-day conference begins Friday, August 18th at 8:30 a.m. with sessions scheduled until 5:00 p.m. Immediately followed by a social gathering. On Saturday, August 19th, the program runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (all times Eastern).
Cost and CLE credits
Discounted early registration fee – by July 15, 2023:
If you are the sole participant from your law school, the registration fee is $125. Please select “Individual” upon registration. If there are multiple participants from your law school there is a group discount and the registration fee is $100. Please select “Group” upon registration. All participants should still register separately.
Standard registration fee – after July 15, 2023:
The registration fee will increase for everyone to $150.
CLE will be provided for Pennsylvania. For attendees who are licensed in another state, a certificate of completion will be provided.
A special thank you to the planning committee for identifying exciting topics and excellent presenters. This year’s planning committee members are:
- Professor Jules Epstein, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Professor Elizabeth Lippy, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Professor Adam Shlahet, Fordham University School of Law
- The Honorable Jim Roberts, Cumberland School of Law Samford University
- Professor Jeffrey C. Brooks, Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Professor Joseph Lester, University of Georgia School of Law
- Professor Mary Levy, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Professor Kristen David Adams, Stetson University College of Law
- Professor Mary Bedikian, Michigan State University College of Law
- Professor Todd Berger, Syracuse University College of Law
A discounted hotel rate is available at the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City located at 237 South Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19107. Standard rooms for Thursday, 8/17 and Friday, 8/18 are offered at a rate of $169.00 plus tax. The discounted hotel rate is available until July 18, 2023. To make your reservation, contact the hotel and let them know you are part of the Training Advocates Conference – Reunited and Reinvigorated, or click here to reserve your room.